CATV Fiber Optic Signal Transport
Broadband CATV analog AM-VSB and QAM transmission requires extremely linear fiberoptic transport. Olson Technology 1310 nm directly modulated transmitters provide high optical power for long point-to-point links as well as multiple split systems for campus CATV distribution to multiple fiber optic nodes in campus/enterprise distribution systems. Emcore's directly modulated DWDM transmitters provide point-to-point CATV distribution with the capability of also transporting satellite downlink signals in the range of 950 - 2700 MHz. A variety of Olson mini-node receivers exist to provide the required forward path RF power to drive multiple set-top boxes with return path capability.
- Transmitter optical output powers of +3 to +15 dBm to drive up to 45 km point-to-point CATV links or multiple splits.
- Optional transmitter optical output power adjustment.
- CATV forward path operation up to 1000 MHz.
- Transports analog AM-VSB and/or QAM signal formats.
- Superior CNR, CSO, and CTB performance.
- 950 - 2700 MHz satellite signal transport.
- Optical mini-node receivers with up to +46 dBmV RF output power.
- Optical mini-node receivers with variable gain/slope adjustment.
- Optional return path transmitters for mini-node receivers.
- 19" 1RU rack mount chassis to house up to 3 forward path transmitters and/or return path receivers.
Broadband CATV analog AM-VSB and QAM transmission requires extremely linear fiber optic transport. Emcore 1550 nm externally modulated transmitters provide narrow optical linewidth to overcome fiber dispersion in high optical launch power PON video overlay architectures, DOCSIS 3.1 architectures, and long haul supertrunk fiber optic links. 1550 nm optics may also be amplified with optical amplifiers (EDFAs).
- Externally modulated 1550 nm transmitters with up to +11 dBm optical output power
- Operates over extended DOCSIS 3.1 RF bandwidth, 45 - 1218 MHz
- Transport of analog AM-VSB, QAM, and/or OFCB video channels
- Long haul supertrunk transport capability up to 100 km (with EDFAs)
- 950 - 3500 MHz satellite signal transport option
- 10 dB OMI control range
- Adjustable SBS suppression capability, up to +21 dBm EDFA launch power through 40 km fiber
- ITU C-Band DWDM and optical wavelength tuning capability
- Adjustable RF gain/tilt control
- Optical amplifiers (EDFAs) available with up to +43 dBm saturated optical output power (pre-splitting)
- Optical mini-node receivers with up to +46 dBmV RF output power
- Optical mini-node receivers with variable gain/slope adjustment
- Optional return path transmitters for mini-node receivers
- SNMP M7C interface
- Dual redundant power supplies
Emcore packages a variety of laser diode and photodiode components and assemblies to meet linear operation requirements for CATV and wireless signal transport applications.
Broadband CATV analog AM-VSB and QAM transmission requires extremely linear fiberoptic transport. Emcore and Olson Technologies provide fiber optic transmitters, optical amplifiers (EDFAs), and fiber optic receivers to support such application architectures. In addition, various accessories are available to support such applications.
- 19" 1RU 1310/1550 nm optical splitters for CATV forward path distribution
- 19" 1RU optical A/B redundancy switches
- 19" 1RU chassis for mounting up to 3 1310 nm forward path transmitters and/or return path receivers
- 19" 2RU chassis for mounting up to 3 optical node receivers